Registered Nurse/Premium Shifts
InterMedical Hospital Of SC
- Hotel - Hospitality
The RN is responsible to the Unit Manager and, is to be clinically competent; delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; effectively interacts with patient, family and other staff while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
The Premium Shift RN position requires 7P-7:30A shifts; Must be available to work weekends also.
Salary for this position is at a preium rate plus shift differentials.. Call for details.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Utilize the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the patient's care, as evidenced by patient/staff observation.
- Assess the patient; collect and document the patient's current health status and medical history; complete and/or review Admission Data Record as defined by policy; make accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's status and responds appropriately.
- Plan/Implement; set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patient's needs and formulate a plan of care by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards. The Plan of Care is initiated on patient admission based on all aspects of the initial assessment. The plan includes physiological, psychosocial, and environmental factors: patient/family education and patient discharge planning.
- Evaluate: perform ongoing assessment and review the individualized plan of care based upon new data and the patient's condition.
- Document accurate and ongoing assessment of the patient status. Document patient care which reflects nursing intervention, patient response to care provided, patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations and progress toward goals. Documentation includes evidence of appropriate patient/family teaching and the understanding of these instructions is noted in the medical record.
- Communicate with the physician regarding patient needs, the nursing assessments/recommendations on a daily basis and as needed, as evidenced by client/unit manager feedback.
- Teach the patient/family appropriate health information in a timely manner and share written informational material as evidenced by client/supervisor feedback.
- Perform direct patient care, utilizing established policies/procedures , and standards as evidenced by client/staff/supervisor feedback.
- Administer medications daily.
- Observe and document the patient's response to pertinent medications
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures (within a timely manner) in accordance with physician's orders
- Demonstrate necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise, and professional manner
- Provide personal patient care to provide comfort and well-being to the patient, acknowledging physiological and psychological needs.
- Perform indirect patient care.
- Give a thorough, concise report at change of shift. Communicate pertinent information to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Demonstrate accurate and timely documentation according to form guidelines
- Transcribe accurately physician orders.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe environment for patient and staff.
- Do not incur excessive overtime
- Remain conscientious in regard to personal hygiene and comply with specific policies
- Comply with guidelines concerning safety and infection control.
•1. 100 % attendance to mandatory skill updates/reviews.
•2. Attend a minimum of four (4) staff meetings annually and read/sign all minutes of meetings not attended.
•3. Maintains employee health standards.
- Participate in the orientation/training of new employees.
- Work in a consistent positive and cooperative manner with other employees.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their assignments.
- Recognize the need for variations in staffing patterns to fill open shifts.
- Take direction and initiate actions that allow the assumption of the cross-functional duties to ensure seamless patient care.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary with the Hospital.
- Minimize non-productive time and fill slow periods with activities that will enable you to prepare to meet the future needs of the hospital (education, organizing, housekeeping, assisting others).
- Demonstrate the ability to take the initiative to make decisions/choices
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid registration as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Carolina
- Current CPR
- Successful completion of a Basic Arrhythmia Course
- One year experience
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Registered Nurse Jobs
- View more Hotel - Hospitality Jobs
- View more Management Jobs
- View more InterMedical Hospital Of SC Jobs