Material Handler with Forklift Experience
Columbia, South Carolina 29201
1st Shift, 3rd Shift, Rotating
Recruiting Solutions is currently seeking a Material Handler with forklift experience for a reputable company located in Columbia. Position duties involve one or more of the following:
- Load or unload delivery vehicles and assemble stock onto pallets, warehouse trucks, racks, or shelves.
- Open cartons, bundles, and other containers and convey stock to designated area by hand, handtruck, or other equipment.
- Select inventory or pack orders under supervision.
- Packing finished goods products into standard shipping containers
- Storing and picking finished goods material from proper storage location
- Weigh, count, and record units of stock for customer order verification.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with warehouse operations: minimum 1 year shipping / receiving.
- Experience with material handling equipment, including order pickers, reach trucks, and sit-down fork trucks.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading teams and work processes. Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift 35 to 50 lbs constantly
- Basic knowledge of computer operations
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures
- Ability to work overtime as business requires
- Basic Arithmetic Skills.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen